Chevron provides complete Aerospace Solutions for the aircraft maintenance industry. Our services include Component Repair & Overhaul, Piece Part Manufacture, Aircraft Fuel Tank Repair Teams, Aircraft Maintenance, Asset Management, Aircraft Interiors, AOG Support & Recruitment Services. At Chevron our culture is based on offering a quality service and we take pride in what we do and the way that we do it. With over 40 years of aircraft engineering experience supporting Worldwide based organisations, Chevron has the track record, expertise and the versatility necessary to satisfy the most demanding standards required by the aerospace industry.
Chevron is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide.
As the Facilities Manager you will ensure the care and upkeep of the Chevron sites and facilities in Prestwick and Manchester. Working in a fast paced but safety-conscious, strategic, and tactical environment ensuring a high level of quality and safety. Reporting to the Base Maintenance Manager you will also help define the strategic and efficient improvement of facility maintenance programs
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning budgets and schedules facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labour, materials, and other related costings.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the facilities in Manchester and Prestwick – the majority of your focus should be on the Prestwick Facility.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance programs in the hangar and workshop
- Develop and oversee the execution of all contracts related to the operation of the sites and ensure value for money for the organisation
- Ensure that the management of waste from the facility is accomplished in a compliant and cost effective manner
- Ensure the facility exceeds the standards for Health and Safety compliance
- Prepare and maintain facility operational budgets
- Maintain and cultivate professional working relationships with our business partners, contractors and project managers and act as a point of contact, and guidance regarding their work at our facilities
- Interface with stake holders and leadership on a daily basis to coordinate project and operational activities form business case to completion
- Repair or organise the repair, maintenance of lighting systems, plumbing fixtures, electrical systems, fire protection and alarms
- Maintain and restock Safety Stations, ensuring compliance with COSHH requirements
- Keep records of all facility maintenance performed.
- Make recommendations to managers on systems scheduled services
- Coordinate the use of contractors for facility repairs and upkeep, as needed
- Inspect outside structures and systems such as lighting, pavement condition, signs, horticultural elements and organise maintenance as required
- Comply with all airport authority rules and regulations and airport security requirements
- Travel will be required
- Host facility audits for HSE, EA and any other bodies as required
- Be the owner of company procedures with regards to airport security and building operations
Experience and Qualifications
- NEBOSH – GC Level
- 5 years of facilities management experience
- Knowledgeable project manager
- Ability to display strong initiative, internal motivation, and a willingness to take on responsibilities beyond those explicitly defined
- Skilled in problem solving with sound judgement to quickly resolve issues
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to cultivate a cooperative team approach
- Demonstrates proactive and clear communication skills