Chevron Technical Services customer has an requirement for an experience Planning Engineer to join their Gatwick based airline in it’s start up phase.
Ensuring the continuing airworthiness of the company aircraft in a highly competitive industry. Working towards cost effectiveness, whilst maintaining high levels of safety and delivering the strategic plans for the aircraft fleet. To monitor the approved maintenance programme to ensure the completion of scheduled work within established timescales. Co-ordinate with the contracted maintenance centres and planning departments to ensure compliance with CAA regulations and the continued airworthiness.
- Working with the sub contracted supplier to develop and supervise the program of inspections included in the Approved Maintenance Programme (AMP) to ensure completion of the work scheduled within the established timescales. Coordinate with the contracted Maintenance organisations and consider the time foreseen for the development of the works for their communication to the Commercial Management.
- Evaluate the fleet maintenance requirements in the medium and long term, ensuring that the resources required to undertake the necessary work on aircraft are available to deliver operational and commercial goals.
- Coordinate and supervise major reviews, ensuring the completion of all scheduled work and scheduled aircraft down times.
- Managing relationships with the sub-contracted Engineering and Maintenance supplier to ensure that all service levels and targets are met including cost effectiveness.
- Ensure that all scheduled maintenance is carried out on time and in accordance with approved standards.
- Ensure that all aircraft are maintained in accordance with the regulations and requirements defined by the CAA, aircraft and equipment manufacturers standards and procedures.
- Work with the operations planning department on the routing of the aircraft to ensure necessary stops for maintenance both at the base and at the other stations.
- Supervise the control of life limited parts, inspections and Airworthiness Directives, so that they are completed within the established deadlines.
- Ensure the necessary conditions for the extension of the Airworthiness Certificates are met in accordance with MA 305 and as prescribed by the procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring the management of the control system for deferred defects in the fleet ensuring that they are corrected within the time limit.
- Monitor safety events and occurrence reports in the operation of the aircraft in accordance with the procedures
- Work with the other members of the CAMO team to support the delivery of a safe and airworthy operation of the fleet.
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of managing aircraft acquisition, take on and hand-back activities
- Experience of working within a technical or continuing airworthiness management department
- Experience of the aircraft certification, technical support and maintenance from a practical and continued airworthiness viewpoint
- Experience searching out new ways to deliver continuous improvement and cost improvements
- Experience of planning of airbus aircraft
- Experience of working in a low-cost operation
- Knowledge of CAA Part-M, Part 145 and Part 21 requirements
- Knowledge of scheduled maintenance planning activities
- Knowledge of aircraft materials, logistics and spare parts provision
- Experience of effective supplier management
- Hands on aircraft/engine/product experience