We are currently recruiting for a Permanent Full time Planning Engineer in our Manchester Workshop facility
You will be responsible for the planning and generation of workpack of all throughput within the Workshop under both new manufacture (EASA P21) and repair / overhaul (EASA P145)
Roles and Responsibilities
• Produce detailed planning documentation (Jobcards) which instructs and controls the manufacture and / or repair of parts and assemblies within the Workshop.
• Liaise with the Inspection Department to produce accurate Inspection or Pre Input Planning documentation to aid initial inspection and reports to the customer.
• Develop and maintain Planning Software to build up the archives and assist in future planning functions.
• Assist the Production Planning Manager in the control and maintenance of the Production Plan and other activities as instructed.
• Ensures all activities are within the approval scope, internal procedures and all regulatory requirements (AD, SB Contract review, Cap List, DOAPOA, etc) are carried out effectively.
• Control and maintenance of technical data such as OEM Maintenance Toolboxes, drawing library, archives.
• Ensure material required for the planned activity is highlighted and passed to Purchasing promptly.
• Support the Production Managers to provide accurate cost and leadtime quotations to the customer.
• Ad hoc project work as requested within the scope of the role.
• Develop internal reports and attend planning review meetings.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
• Full understanding of regulatory requirements in relation to EASA Part 145 and Part 21
• Experience of setting, developing and maintaining Planning Dept. procedures
• Previously held a role as a Planning Engineer in an airline or MRO
• Experience with working with MRO software systems
• Experience of building good working relationships with key customers
• Previous experience of managing departmental Health & Safety and Compliance